Terms and Conditions of Sale
CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. Pandolfini CASA D’ASTE S.r.l. is entrusted with objects to be sold in the name and on behalf of the consignors, as stated in the deeds registered in the V.A.T. Office of Florence. The effects of this sale involve only the Seller and the Purchaser, without any liability on the part of Pandolfini CASA D’ASTE S.r.l. other than that relating to the mandate received.
2. The purchaser will pay for each lot an auction fee including V.A.T., equivalent to 25% on the first €100.000 and to 22% for any exceeding amount.
3. The objects will be sold to the highest bidder. The transfer of a sold lot to a third party will not be accepted. Pandolfini CASA D’ASTE S.r.l. will hold the successful bidder solely responsible for the payment. Notification of the participation at the auction in the name and on behalf of a third party is therefore required in advance.
4. The estimates in the catalogue are purely indicative and are expressed in euros. The descriptions of the lots are to be considered no more than an opinion and are purely indicative, and do not therefore entail any liability on the part of Pandolfini CASA D’ASTE S.r.l. Any complaints should be sent in writing within 10 days, and if considered valid, will entail solely the reimbursement of the amount paid without any further claim.
5. The auction will be preceded by an exhibition, during which the specialist in charge of the sale will be available for any enquiries; the object of the exhibition is to allow the prospective bidder to inspect the condition and the quality of the objects, as well as clarifying any possible errors or inaccuracies in the catalogue. All the objects are “sold as seen”.
6. Pandolfini CASA D’ASTE S.r.l. may accept absentee and telephone bids for the objects on sale on behalf of persons who are unable to attend the auction. The lots will still be purchased at the best price, in compliance with other bids for the same lots and with the registered reserves. Though operating with extreme care, Pandolfini CASA D’ASTE S.r.l. cannot be held responsible for any possible mistakes in managing absentee or telephone bids. We advise the bidder to carefully check the numbers of the lots, the descriptions and the bids indicated when filling in the relevant form. We cannot accept absentee bids of an unlimited amount. The request of telephone bidding will be accepted only if submitted in writing before the sale. In case of two identical absentee bids for the same lot, priority will be given to the first one received.
7. During the auction the Auctioneer is entitled to combine or to separate the lots.
8. The lots are sold by the Auctioneer; in case of dispute, the contested lot will be re-offered in the same auction starting from the last bid received. A bid placed in the salesroom will always prevail over an absentee bid, as in n. 6.
9. Pandolfini CASA D’ASTE S.r.l. may immediately request the payment of the final price, including the buyer’s premium; it is due to be paid however no later than 12 p.m. of the day following the auction.
10. Purchased and paid for lots must be collected immediately. Failing this, Pandolfini CASA D’ASTE S.r.l.’s will be entitled to storage charges, and will be exempt from any liability for storage or possible damage to sold objects. The weekly storage fee will amount to €26.00.
11. Purchasers must observe all legislative measures and regulations currently in force regarding notified objects, with reference to Law n. I 089 dated 1st June 1939. The exportation of objects is determined by the aforementioned regulation and by the customs and taxation laws in force. Pandolfini CASA D’ASTE S.r.l. refuses any responsibility towards purchasers regarding exportation restrictions on the purchased lots. Should the State exercise the right of pre-emption, no refund or compensation will be due either to the purchaser on the part of Pandolfini CASA D’ASTE S.r.l. or to the Seller.
12. The Legislative Decree dated 22nd January 2004 regulates the exportation of objects of cultural interest outside Italy, while exportation outside the European Community is regulated by the EEC Regulation n. 3911/92 dated 9th December 1992, as modified by the EEC Regulation n. 2469/96 dated 16th December 1996 and by the EEC Regulation n. 974/01 dated 14th May 2001. Pandolfini CASA D’ASTE S.r.l. shall not be considered responsible for, and cannot guarantee, the issuing of relevant permits. Should these permits not be granted, Pandolfini CASA D’ASTE S.r.l. cannot accept the cancellation of the purchase or the refusal to pay.
13. The following payment methods will facilitate the immediate collection of the purchased lot:
a) cash up to €2.999;
b) bank draft subjected to previous verification at the bank which issued it;
c) personal cheque by previous agreement with the administrative office of Pandolfini CASA D’ASTE S.r.l;
d) bank transfer:
MONTE DEI PASCHI DI SIENA Via Sassetti, 4 - FIRENZE
IBAN IT 25 D 01030 02827 000006496795 - Swift BIC PASCITM1W40
14. Those participating in the sale will be automatically bound by these Terms and Conditions. The Court of Florence has jurisdiction over possible complaints.
15. Lots with the symbol (*) have been entrusted by Consignors subject to V.A.T. and are therefore subject to V.A.T. as follows: 22% payable on the hammer price and 22% on the final price.
16. For lots with the symbol (λ), an export licence or a temporary importation licence is available.
17. Lots with the symbol • are subjected to the “resale right”.